737 Nicholson Frontage Road
Golden, BC V0A 1H0
Golden, BC V0A 1H0
WelcomeNicholson Elementary School is nestled near the upper reaches of the mighty Columbia River. We have one of the most beautiful settings anywhere for an elementary school, with stunning views of the Rocky and Purcell Mountains and wildlife often close at hand.
Nicholson School is a place to learn and staff are committed to meeting the educational needs of each student.
Our mission statement: "Education is a partnership where all people connected with Nicholson Elementary School work together to become lifelong learners and productive members of society.
Our Student Success Plan is focused on increasing reading achievement and enjoyment of reading
2016-2017 District Calendar
2016-2017 Student Supply Lists by Grade
- Nut free - We have students with life-threatening allergies to nuts. We ask that staff, students and visitors be aware and considerate. Please bring alternatives to nut products for snacks and lunches.
- Scent free - Some students and staff have sensitivities to perfumes and scents that can create health issues and/or interfere with learning.
All health related safety concerns can be reduced by:
- regular and thorough hand-washing
- not sharing cups/dishes/utensils
- coughing into the elbow
- limiting exposure to illness (staying home if sick, etc.).
Awareness and consideration of others helps us all stay healthy and safe!
HistoryThe school opened in the fall of 1962 to serve the small rural community of Nicholson. The school currently provides instruction for just under 100 students living in an area from south of Harrogate to the outskirts of the town of Golden, British Columbia.
Nicholson Elementary has a proud tradition of teaching excellence and strong parental involvement.
VolunteersIf you would like to volunteer at our school, you must complete a Criminal Record Check and complete the SD6 Child Abuse Protocol Training.
Please contact the school regarding the Child Abuse Protocol Training.
Our school in the Winter