Welcome to Edgewater Elementary School!
Edgewater Elementary School, overlooks the stunningly beautiful Columbia Valley wetlands, and we are neighbors to Kootenay National Park, serving students from Brisco to Radium. We are part of Rocky Mountain School District No. 6, and we have a student population of just over 120 students enrolled in Kindergarten to Grade 7.
EES is the heart of the community of Edgewater. We pride ourselves on being visible and involved in the community. Our student population has grown over 50% in the last 5 years which is very exciting. We have had many changes this past summer to EES including adding another division of students, many technical advances and opportunities, as well as necessary structural changes to the building. Our students and staff regularly embrace the continuous change but still strive to maintain our rural school values and charm.
Edgewater Elementary School promotes active, lifelong, holistic learning. Our staff puts an emphasis on developing students intellectually, emotionally, physically and socially. This is reflected in our 'Guiding Principles'…
- Encourage continuous growth through self-reflection and collaboration
- Promote quality learning through stimulating learning experiences that meet individual needs, high standards, personal and school goals
- Encourage healthy & balanced lifestyles
- Develop an accepting, safe and caring learning community, where individual self-worth is fostered, responsible risk-taking is encouraged and change is embraced.
- Exhibit stewardship and responsibility for the natural and digital world.
- Demonstrate respect for ourselves, our surroundings & for the uniqueness of individuals.
As the Principal of Edgewater Elementary School I pride myself in assisting our wonderful staff in meeting the diverse needs of our students. I invite parents, guardians, community members to drop by the school and feel the energy of the building. It truly is contagious. Our doors are always open and we love visitors.
As the year continues to unfold, please do not hesitate to call, drop in, or even volunteer in some manner. Daily we have many volunteers in our schools. Without the extra help we could not provide the educational experience that we do. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact the school. I am looking forward to another wonderful year of learning and growth at EES. Go Eagles!
Principal, Edgewater Elementary School