The goal of the Golden Secondary School Mathematics Department is to provide an educational experience in mathematics that helps students prepare for successful roles in an ever changing society.
We are committed to excellent teaching, presenting mathematics in a such a way that students will understand and appreciate its structure, its power in expressing relationships, and its use as a tool in problem solving. We maintain high academic and behavioural expectations and try to make every classroom minute count. Efforts are made to direct students to realize their full potential and become life long learners.
We continually strive to enable students to:
- develop basic numeracy skills
- build self-confidence in their mathematical ability
- set personal goals for achievement
- develop the ability to analyze and solve problems using a variety of strategies
- use technology as a tool to solve mathematical problems
- appreciate graphical presentation of information, logical reasoning, and precision of statement and thought