Recommended School Supply List:
- combination lock
- 2 x 2" - 3" binders with dividers (such as Five Star Binders) OR 4 x I" binders (one for each subject)
- 2 packages of loose leaf paper (lined)
- pencil case
- pens (8 blue, 4 red)
- pencils (6) - keep extra at home to send to school
- pencil sharpener
- white erasers (2)
- scientific calculator
- package felt markers
- package pencil crayons
- permanent black marker
- back pack
- gym strip (non-marking runners, shorts, t·shirt)
- white correction tape/fluid
- glue stick
- locker shelf
I. It is a good idea to keep some extra pens/pencils at home to be brought to school when needed. It is also recommended that each student keep a pencil case in his/her locker with a supply of pens/pencils and only take a couple of each to classes.
2. School lockers are assigned by school staff. Students need to bring a lock from home and provide the lock combination to their homeroom teacher or purchase a lock from the office for $7.00. Students must use the lock that has been assigned to them and not share with other students. Students should NOT tell other students their lock combination!
3. The non-refundable Student Activity Fee is $20.00. Yearbooks are optional and cost $35.00 . Parents may write a cheque for $20.00 or $55.00 to Selkirk Secondary School.
4. Some classes may offer a workbook for students to purchase (eg. Chemistry, Physics, etc). Workbooks generally cost around $25.00.