We would like to begin by acknowledging that the land on which we gather is the traditional territory of the Ktunaxa and Kinbasket Peoples.
1. Academic Support:
- Monitoring students' classroom progress.
- Check-ins with teachers/students/parents or guardian.
- Acting as a liaison between teachers and students, as well as parents and teachers.
- Providing academic assistance to students.
- Supporting students in Work Experience.
- Explore post-secondary options and financial support.
2. Personal Support
- Provide open communication with students and/or parents.
- Provide social/emotional strategies to assist students to self-identify and resolve personal, social concerns.
- Offer resiliency strategies to self-regulate and apply positive problem solving skills.
- Referral to school and community resources for student and parents.
- Lunch and snacks are provided when needed.
- Winter clothing can be accessed if needed.
3. Cultural Support
- Embedding Aboriginal culture in the life of Selkirk Secondary by exploring and honoring traditional teachings & current realities from elders & other community members.
- Explore with individual aboriginal students their Nation/band (upon request)
- Aboriginal field trips.
- Provide in class aboriginal education in conjunction with classroom teacher.
- Provide supportive belonging activities during lunch break.
For more information, please feel free to contact Esther Sylvestre (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Trina Bradshaw (email@example.com) or at the school at 250-427-4827 extension 4715