We would like to begin by acknowledging that the land on which we gather is the traditional territory of the Ktunaxa and Kinbasket Peoples.
kiʔsuk kyukyit hu sukiǂq̓ukni kin wamiǂkiǂ Ktunaxa ʔamakʔis.
1. Academic Support:
- Monitoring students' classroom progress.
- Check-ins with teachers/students/parents or guardian.
- Acting as a liaison between teachers and students, as well as parents and teachers.
- Providing academic assistance to students.
- Supporting students in Work Experience.
- Explore post-secondary options and financial support.
2. Personal Support
- Provide open communication with students and/or parents.
- Provide social/emotional strategies to assist students to self-identify and resolve personal, social concerns.
- Offer resiliency strategies to self-regulate and apply positive problem solving skills.
- Referral to school and community resources for student and parents.
- Lunch and snacks are provided when needed.
- Winter clothing can be accessed if needed.
3. Cultural Support
- Embedding Aboriginal culture in the life of Selkirk Secondary by exploring and honoring traditional teachings & current realities from elders & other community members.
- Explore with individual aboriginal students their Nation/band (upon request)
- Aboriginal field trips.
- Provide in class aboriginal education in conjunction with classroom teacher.
- Provide supportive belonging activities during lunch break.
For more information, please feel free to contact Esther Sylvestre (email@example.com ) or Trina Bradshaw (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at the school at 250-427-4827 extension 4715