B.C.'s Early Learning Framework includes learning principles and key areas of learning for children up to five years old:
The Framework applies to all learning environments, from StrongStart BC programs to child care settings, pre-schools and other early childhood development or child health programs. It also:
- Supports dialogue and reflection on the importance of the development and learning of young children.
- Guides early learning programs and activities.
- Encourages discussion with families about their child's early learning.
- Shapes professional development.
- Creates a shared image of children to guide the promotion of early learning.
Early learning practitioners will find it useful to refer to these professional development documents, created to support implementation of the Framework:
District Early Learning Contact
Jennifer Turner R.Psych.
Assistant Superintendent of Schools
School District No. 6 (Rocky Mountain)
P.O. Box 430, Invermere, BC V0A 1K0
Telephone: 250-342-9243 (ext 4674)