The Provincial Outreach Program for Early Intervention (POPEI) is a British Columbia Ministry of Education Provincial Resource Program with an outreach focus.
The Provincial Outreach Program for Early Intervention (POPEI) is a British Columbia Ministry of Education Provincial Resource Program (PRP) with an outreach focus. The mandate of the program is to increase educators’ capacity to support all learners, particularly diverse and struggling learners.
1. Build and sustain the capacity of all educators throughout the province for effective instruction/early intervention.
2. Provide all educators with support, knowledge and Professional Learning opportunities in the area of primary literacy instruction, and to provide early intervention strategies for struggling learners.
3. Research, evaluate and share evidence-based practice and resources for educating struggling learners, including those with learning disabilities.
4. Liaise with District Partners, the Advisory Committee, post-secondary institutions and professional associations.
5. Provide educators with online access to information, eLearning videos, resources and Professional Learning opportunities.
6. Facilitate the sharing and transferring of knowledge and practice among educators across the province.
POPEI provides services to BC public school districts and Group l and II independent schools. The focus of the services is to build capacity within districts and schools through in-services, networking, resources and eLearning opportunities. The POPEI team is comprised of two Teacher Consultants, one Technical Analyst and a half-time Administrative Assistant. POPEI is hosted by Richmond School District. Additionally on the POPEI team are: Richmond School District Site and Supervising Administrators, District Partners and a Multi-Region Advisory Committee.
School teams can request support and services from POPEI through Rocky Mountain Learning Services Department and the POPEI District Partner.
Director of Instruction, Learning Support Services