Mental Health is more than just not having mental illness - mental health is an important resource for everyday life. It affects how we feel, think, and understand the world. Good mental health and well-being helps us to stay balanced, be resilient, to enjoy life, cope with everyday stress and to bounce back from bigger set-backs. Mental Health is just one piece of a person's overall health. This means there is no "health" without mental health.
Mental Health challenges are common. At some point in our lifetime, most of us will either struggle with a mental health challenge ourselves, or know someone who is affected by one.
For more information on how to support health and mental health
- For Youth and Young Adults
- For Parents and Caregivers
- For School Professionals
- For HealthCare Professionals
- WE NEED TO ADD INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS HERE... WITH CONTACT INFO, INCLUDING DVP
Rocky Mountain School District district and school staff work collaboratively with our community partners to increase timely access to support and services for child and youth mental health and substance use services.
- Axis Family Resources Kimberley
- East Kootenay Addiction Services
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Family Dynamix Invermere
- Foundrybc.ca - This website offers wellness tips and strategies, self-checks, apps and online tools, connections to services and strategies for supporting others
- Golden Family Center
- MediaSmarts has released updated videos for parents about social networking privacy and excessive use. The site has also provided updated tips for managing kids' screen time based on the Canadian Paediatric Society's guidelines.
- Reality Check is a two-year public awareness and education initiative that will give Canadians of all ages the tools they need to verify different kinds of online information and to help them understand why it's important to double-check before they share information online.
- East Kootenay Addiction Services Society - Resources for youth, parents and caregivers, school and healthcare professionals