Schools in BC received additional resources to assist families with the cost of supplies. At DTSS this fall, each classroom will be outfitted with a supplies kit, which will include consumables and tools (paper, glue, scissors, erasers, rulers, coloured pencils, etc.). In addition, our library will have a number of scientific calculators which may be signed out for extended use each semester. Should you have any questions regarding classroom supplies, please contact the school administration.
- Binders – many students use zip binders in which they may store material for more than one class. No more than 2 courses should be in one binder. Regular binders are fine.
- Dividers – If students are using a binder for two courses, dividers should be used to separate the courses (usually a pack contains 6-10).
- Pens and Pencils. Students don't need 20 pencils in September but may need 5 in the 4th term.
- Calculator – scientific, not graphing. Sharp brand preferred (comparable price and easier for students to use).
- Paper – 3 hole punch, lined
- Miscellaneous – eraser, ruler, highlighter(s), scissors, pencil crayons/felts, glue sticks, flash drive
- Gym strip
- Shorts/sweatpants - must fit so that underwear is not hanging out and the legs are long enough that the student does not have to tug them down;
- T-shirt/sweatshirt - must cover the shoulders/ top of the arm and long enough to cover stomach when jumping - no tank tops please;
- running shoes;
- be prepared for the bad weather so may need jacket/hoody at times.
- Enhanced French – a spiral-bound notebook
- Drawing and Painting – sketchbook
Printing cache of $3 (.05/page or $.25 colour) may expire by the end of the first term. Students can add paper by paying at the main office or the library (min. $1 increments please).
Basic supplies can be purchased through the library.