CW21-42 Trades 1 - Invermere
Location: Windermere Operations
Competition #: 14115
Open To: External
Date Posted: May 11th, 2022
Closing Date: Open Ended
Job Start Date: February 14th, 2022
Job End Date: June 30th, 2022
$24.64 as per CUPE Local 440 Collective Agreement
Hours Per Week:
School District No. 6 (Rocky Mountain) is now accepting external applications for:
Tradesman I - Invermere, BC
Temporary, full-time (40 hr/wk)
Effective June – August 24, 2022 or the return of the incumbent
Nature and Scope of Work
The Trades I is responsible to provide a healthy, clean, safe environment by performing skilled manual work in the maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds and equipment. This role includes the operation of a variety of hand and power tools, including equipment and vehicles used in construction and maintenance. The work is carried out under the direction of the Operations Supervisor. This position is distinguished from that of Tradesman II through exercising independence of judgment as to appropriate operating methods and selection of materials, including the coordination of maintenance and grounds activities and greater complexity of tasks. It is expected that employees will assist/perform in cross classification job assignments.
Examples of Work
- Repairs and maintains District furniture, equipment, grounds and buildings. (i.e. painting, window replacement, whiteboard/tack board installation and general turf maintenance)
- Prepare sports fields for school events (track and sports field layout)
- Erects and works from scaffolds, ladders and lifts.
- Assists journeymen in standard construction procedures relating to assignment and work projects.
- Installs, maintains and repairs plumbing fixtures and irrigation systems.
- Safety inspections and repairs to playground equipment.
- Applies herbicides, fertilizers, etc. in the care of sports fields and grounds.
- Consistently demonstrates fair, courteous and patient approach when communicating with students, staff, parents and other members of the public.
- Hauling items from school to school
- Performs winter maintenance including snow removal, sanding and ice removal.
- Completes work orders as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of irrigation system maintenance and installation.
- Knowledge and abilities of techniques used in grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge in the installation and repair of chain link fencing.
- Knowledge and abilities of maintenance functions.
- Skill in the operation of grounds equipment and power tools.
- Good physical condition, strength and agility.
- Knowledge in the use of computers and other related electronic devices.
- Knowledge of Motor Vehicle Act, ICBC Regulations and National Safety Code and regulations applicable to the safe operation of equipment and vehicles.
Required Training, Experience and Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Additional related training or experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge and proven ability of techniques used in irrigation and grounds and maintenance.
- Knowledge and proven ability of techniques used in building construction/maintenance.
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations
- Valid driver's license for the Province of British Columbia.
- Playground Inspector’s Certificate would be an asset.
- Herbicide application Certificate would be an asset.
- First Aid would be an asset.
Rate of Pay
As per the Collective Agreement 440
For further information, please contact Brian Nickurak, Operations Supervisor, 250-342-9243 ext 3901.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, along with two (2) references who have supervised you, quoting competition #CW21-42:
School District No.6 (Rocky Mountain)
Fax: (250) 342-6966 e-mail: email@example.com
Please note that this position will remain open until filled.