Rocky Mountain School District No. 6


Early Childhood Educator (ECE) or Early Childhood Educator Assistant (ECEA)

craft materials

How can I become an ECE or an ECEA?

If you are interested in becoming an Early Childhood Educator (ECE) you can learn more by watching this short animated video.  You can also contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR) office or College of the Rockies. Additionally, you can become an Early Childhood Education Assistant (ECEA) by completing one course that is offered through College of the Rockies at the beginning of each month from October - May.

ECE Dual Credit Program

School District 6 is working in partnership with School District 5, School District 8, and College of the Rockies (COTR) to provide an ECE Dual Credit Program for Grade 12 students. This program allows Grade 12 students to take four courses toward an ECE Certificate for FREE!

These four courses provide students with high school credits AND College of the Rockies credits. Upon successful completion of these courses, students are eligible to apply to become an ECEA and work in licensed child care facilities. ECE Dual Credit students also get priority registration to continue their ECE courses the following September and can be fully certified ECEs by the next summer.

You can learn more information by clicking on the link above and by talking to your high school counselor.