Early Childhood Educator - Assistant
Location: Golden Zone Office
Competition #: 14950
Open To: External
Date Posted: July 7th, 2022
Closing Date: August 19th, 2022 - 4:00pm
Job Start Date: October 3rd, 2022
Job End Date: June 30th, 2023
See Posting Details
Hours Per Week:
10 hours per week
School District No. 6 is excited to be participating in the JUSTB4 pilot project for the 2022-23 school year. JUSTB4 is a project funded by the Ministry of Education and Child Care and celebrates JUST BEING 4 years old. This program is not a Kindergarten readiness program and it is meant to provide an early childhood experience for children and their families who are not currently accessing pre-k and/or daycare programs.
School District No. 6 (Rocky Mountain) is now accepting applications for the role of temporary, part-time (10 hrs/wk) Early Childhood Educator - Assistant in Golden, BC. This early learning role will begin in the fall of 2022, not before October 3, 2022 to June 30. 2023. Wage: $20.00/hour.
School District No. 6 (Rocky Mountain) is located on the traditional, unceded and shared territory of the Ktunaxa and Secwépemc peoples and is the chosen home for many Métis and other Indigenous people. Located in the beautiful Columbia Valley of the East Kootenay, Rocky Mountain serves 3443 students in 18 schools spread over 270 kilometers. The three major centers in the District are the communities of Golden, Invermere, and Kimberley. The District’s vision is opportunity, equity, and success for each learner. Important organizational values are respect, integrity, equity, accountability, innovation.
We invite applications from candidates who hold an Early Childhood Educator Assistant Certificate and have experience supporting program delivery for children prior to entering the education system.
The ideal candidate will:
- Maintain a safe, inclusive and caring environment for children under the direction of the Program Manager.
- Utilize skills of pedagogy and reflective practice as described in the BC Early Learning Framework and Indigenous Early Learning & Child Care Framework.
- Record observations and amend program delivery to support the needs and abilities of the children.
- Collaborate with community partners to create a culturally inclusive learning environment.
- Work in partnership with families and third parties to make referrals for families experiencing vulnerabilities.
- Embrace a philosophy that understands the value of connecting with nature through unstructured play and exploration indoors and outside.
- Promote clear communication with families and collaborate with the District’s Early Learning team.
The successful candidate will have:
- At minimum, an Early Childhood Education Assistant certificate.
- Valid Emergency Child Care First Aid and CPR
- 1-3 years of experience leading and planning learning activities for pre-K children.
- Exemplary and proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for early learning, enjoy working as part of a team, and be a self-starter with excellent organizational and planning skills.
Applications for this Early Learning opportunity will be considered if submitted by Friday, August 19, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. MST via Make a Future http://sd6-makeafuture.simplication.com (Make a Future #3297656),. Applications must include a cover letter, resume and two professional references, one of which must be from a current supervisor.
Please address questions regarding this position to Crystal MacLeod, Director of Child Care and Early Learning, 250-342-5189.
School District No. 6 (Rocky Mountain)
e-mail: email@example.com fax: 250-342-6966