CW23-20 Youth Care Worker
Location: JA Laird Elementary School
Competition #: 16058
Open To: External
Date Posted: May 18th, 2023
Closing Date: June 16th, 2023 - 4:00pm
Job Start Date: August 30th, 2023
As per Collective Agreement 440
Hours Per Week:
School District No. 6 (Rocky Mountain) is now accepting external applications for:
Youth Care Worker
Permanent, part-time (30 hr/wk)
Effective August 30, 2023
The Youth Care Worker works with individual or group(s) of students requiring behaviour supports/interventions. Youth Care Workers will work under the direction of a teacher and the general supervision of a Teacher or Principal.
Examples of Work
- Assisting in the implementation of program objectives by addressing problems that are preventing students achieving success.
- Working with students who have exceptional social/emotional needs and referring them to other support services as necessary.
- Designing, implementing and evaluating interventions with students and families, under the direction of the appropriate district or school based supervisor.
- Maintaining liaison with students, their parents/guardians, relevant staff and outside agencies as necessary.
- Providing reports as required.
- Establishing and maintaining records of individual and group student contacts.
- Provides individual or small group activities for students aimed at fostering and supporting success.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Understanding of behavior disorders and mental illness.
- Observational, motivation, and behavior management skills.
- Communication, cooperation and collaborative skills
- Must possess the ability to be supportive.
- Must be capable of working cooperatively as a team member.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be capable of maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Must possess an ability to understand the needs of youth having mental, emotional and/or behavioral difficulties.
Training, Certification & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Qualified applicants will have completed post-secondary education in Youth & Family Services, Social Work or Counselling. Unqualified applicants will have a combination of education/experience in at least one area of adolescent psychology, behavior management, youth work or related fields.
- Valid driver’s license. Valid driver’s license.
- Certification in MANDT or NVCI De-escalation strategies would be an asset.
Rate of pay: As per Collective Agreement 440
For further information, please contact Terri Hayes, Principal, 250-342-6232.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, along with two (2) references who have supervised you, quoting competition #CW23-20 by Friday, June 16, 2023 at 4:00 pm (MDT) to:
School District No.6 (Rocky Mountain)
Fax: (250) 342-6966 e-mail: email@example.com