CK22-21 Journeyman Plumber
Location: Kimberley Operations
Competition #: 14397
Open To: External
Date Posted: July 5th, 2022
Closing Date: August 12th, 2022 - 4:00pm
Job Start Date: September 6th, 2022
As per the Collective Agreement 440
Hours Per Week:
School District No. 6 (Rocky Mountain) is now accepting external applications for:
Journeyman Plumber - Kimberley Operations
Permanent, Full-time (40hr/wk)
Effective September 6, 2022
The Journeyman Plumber/Gas Fitter is responsible for providing a healthy, clean, safe environment by performing skilled journeyman work in the maintenance and repair of buildings. This role includes working with all types of plumbing, sprinkler and gas systems, including HVAC equipment. The work generally consists of inspecting, installing, troubleshooting, repairing and preventative maintenance of these systems. The work is assigned under the general direction of the Operations Supervisor. It is expected that employees will assist/perform in cross-classification job assignments.
Examples of Work
- Maintains inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs plumbing, sewage, sprinkler and gas systems.
- Plans projects and materials requirements and develops layouts of new installations and alterations from drawings, sketches and and/or specifications.
- Performs minor upgrades to plumbing, sewage and gas systems.
- Working in collaboration with the Electrician installs, maintains, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs HVAC systems.
- Performs all work in accordance with applicable statutes, regulations and codes.
- Assists and performs cross-classification work such as: grounds work, fencing, playground equipment installation, carpentry, hauling, etc.
- Consistently demonstrates a fair, courteous and patient approach when communicating with students, staff, parents and other members of the public.
- Performs winter maintenance including snow removal, sanding and ice removal.
- Completes work orders as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in the work.
- Knowledge of the applicable Municipal and Provincial codes, regulations and standards.
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Ability to work from blueprints, sketches and rough drafts
- Ability to maintain records, estimate materials required, and requisition parts and materials.
- Skill in the use and care of tools, materials, and equipment used in the applicable trade category.
- Knowledgeable in the use of computers and other related electronic devices.
- Knowledge of Motor Vehicle Act, ICBC Regulations and regulations applicable to the safe operation of equipment and vehicles.
Required Training, Experience and Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Interprovincial Certificate of Registration as a Journeyman or Certificate of Trade Qualification (TQ) in Plumbing
- Valid BC Gas Fitters Class “A” or “B” Certificate
- Valid driver’s license in the Province of BC.
- Experience in operation and maintenance of HVAC systems and First Aid would be an asset.
Rate of Pay
As per the Collective Agreement 440
For further information, please contact Jim Bryce, Operations Supervisor, 250-427-2268.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, along with two (2) references who have supervised you, quoting competition #CK22-21 by Friday, August 12, 2022 at 4:00 pm (MST) to:
School District No.6 (Rocky Mountain)
Fax: (250) 342-6966 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org