During the 2020-2021 school year, the Board of Education developed a three year strategic plan. In order to advance the objectives of the strategic plan, it was decided to add five district vice principals (DVP) to support key areas of the plan: literacy, numeracy, equity and inclusion, early learning, and learning support services. The District has seen some changes to our DVPs and those that fill those roles. We want to congratulate Crystal MacLeod who was promoted to Director of Instruction for Early Learning and to Barb Carriere who retired in July 2022.
Our District Principal and District Vice Principals (DPVPs) for the 2022-23 school year are as follows:
- Darren Danyluk – District Principal, Literacy (due to Barb Carriere's retirement)
- Kristin Insull – District Vice Principal Numeracy
- Jenna Jasek – District Vice Principal Indigenous Education and Equity
- Kari Mason – District Vice Principal Learning Support Service
- The District is also in the process of hiring a District Principal for Early Learning due to Crystal McLeod promotion to the Director of Instruction for Early Learning.
The DPVPs work as team of leaders to support schools in advancing learning in specialized areas throughout the District. They began this work by examining each school plan to identify areas where the DPVP could support the principal in realizing the objectives in the school success plan. From this process, a number of district objectives lead by our school principals in partnership with the DPVP are already underway.
Early indications show that the DPVPs are a welcomed additional resource for principals and teachers alike. Given the early momentum that each of the DVPs has created, it endorses the decision to make this additional investment in support of student learning. Over the next several months we will be highlighting the work of each of them.